So today I decided to take a break away from all the prettiness of weddings, engagements, inspiration boards, flowers etc to celebrate the prettiness of life! MY LIFE!! Today is my 34th birthday!! I thought it would be nice to do a personal post about me for once since I’m always asking the questions. The relationship you have with yourself is one of the most important relationships you’ll ever have. I wanted to share with you guys something I wrote leading up to my birthday this year…34 Life Lessons I’ve learned on my 34th Birthday.
- People come into your life for a reason, season, or a lifetime.
- You have to do what you love in order to be happy.
- Money doesn’t necessarily equal happiness.
- You love someone for who they are NOW, not for what you want them to be.
- True friends are ones you don’t have to speak to everyday but when you do speak, you pick up right where you left off.
- Sometimes you have to learn how to forgive yourself.
- My past is the past and I’ve moved on from it…you should too.
- Dogs (big or small) are like family.
- You can’t go through life complaining, but not DO something about your situation.
- Everyone is not meant to be an entrepreneur.
- True love does exist, but that doesn’t mean it will be easy when you do find it.
- Life is not a dress rehearsal, this is it.
- People only do what you allow.
- Traveling the world gives you new and meaningful experiences.
- It’s taking me a while but I’m growing into the woman I want to be.
- Love doesn’t hurt.
- Some people you have to love from afar.
- Technology doesn’t replace a handwritten note.
- Losing weight takes time, persistence and the willingness to change.
- A glass of wine really does make everything better.
- Sometimes you have to let out a good cry and then move on.
- Live life on your own terms.
- It’s not WHAT you say it’s HOW you say it.
- You have to take a chance on yourself at least once in your life.
- You can’t make a man love you, respect you or be with you.
- You ARE enough.
- Dream BIG. But also make your dreams come true by taking ACTION.
- Prayer really does work.
- Everyone will not like me, and that’s okay.
- In relationships, still learning to choose my battles.
- Sometimes friends are the family you never had.
- You are your only competition. Be better than you were yesterday.
- Master your craft. Read, learn and grow.
- Do it for the love it and eventually people will notice and the money will come.
What life lessons have you learned?