As you begin packing for your honeymoon you may think some of these things on this list are a no-brainer but you’ll be surprised as to how many people ultimately forget to pack these things. So here’s a little reminder:
1. Passport/Other Travel Docs: Ever get to the airport and remember that you you left your driver’s license in your OTHER purse? (me either 😉 )Your passport, driver’s license, plane tickets, traveler’s checks and any supporting travel docs from your travel agent are top priority on the list. Without some of them you won’t even board your plane. Get yourself a really nice passport holder and be sure to place it in whatever purse or backpack you plan on using for travel day.
2. Medication: This is another biggie that seems to get lost in the shuffle. This includes any prescription medicine you are currently taking as well as over the counter medication such as Tylenol or Benadryl. It’s best that you bring your own over the counter meds as these things will be available to you at your destination but probably pretty pricey or difficult to find.
3. Contraception/Birth Control: This may stand out as a confusing one. But just because you are married doesn’t mean you are ready to start a family immediately. And if such is the case you may want to be sure to include this in your packing plans. Of course there’s no right or wrong way but it’s good to get settled into married life and living together before bringing a little one into the mix.
4. Camera/Chargers: This is your first trip as a married couple and you want to be sure to capture all the memories of this time. But not only that don’t forget to bring your charger for your digital camera as well as your cell phone! If you’re traveling to Europe you may want to purchase a universal travel adapter that can be used to charge and plug up to any socket.
5. Comfortable Clothes: While you’re packing all the lingerie, swimwear and date night attire don’t forget about the in between activities. If you’re an adventurous or site seeing couple be sure to include comfortable clothing and sneakers for your trip.
Miscellaneous: Sunscreen lotion, first aid kit, contacts & solution, travel pillows, books & magazines, sunglasses.
What would you add to the list?